Powered by Blogger.

Mineral Oil: An anecdote on how it removed my sebaceous filaments

Remember I had a post where I said the sebaceous filaments really should not be "removed" as they are an essential part of the skin's barrier? But even if it's important for these SFs to stay, I have to admit I don't like they way they pop out, especially when I've just finished showering.

It's not that my cleanser is useless. In fact, it has been helpful in cleaning my skin which made my pores look smaller. My sebaceous filament, in fact, appears only after I shower (after I dry my face) and only when I pinch my nose. Just last night, when I was looking at the mirror, I noticed the cluster of SFs poking out of my nose and felt the urgent need to reduce their height or something.

Then, I remembered one of the very much repeated advices from reddit's /r/SkincareAddition sub: mineral oil is very effective in controlling SFs.

...And I'm hearing the loud anti-mineral oil sentiments
of advocates and marketers of "natural products"
 
One great writeup from that sub is on the benefits of mineral oil use. Another is how to use mineral oil to clean one's pores. The people from that sub did a really good job of explaining these topics, so please help yourselves to the links I've provided. On to my anecdotal rave then.

This happened two days ago. I decided to do a quick mineral oil massage on my SF-laden nose. I did not feel gritty particles as I massaged so I was not expecting for it to work. So, after about two minutes of gentle, circular massage, I rinsed of with a cleansing foam and proceeded with my usual night skin care routine and slept.

The next day, after my morning bath, I saw that the cluster of SFs are now barely noticeable. My pores also looked tighter, which is a welcome surprise. I re-examined my routine from the previous night and because I did not change any part of my routine, I came to the conclusion that it was the mineral oil (or rather baby oil, also mineral oil but fragranced) which helped clean that annoying area.

So mineral oil is now an HG sebaceous filament controlling product for me, only I plan to use this sparingly and only on times when the SFs are too prominent as I am still sensitive-skinned and I'd want to shy away from the fragrance (no known source of plain mineral oil from where I live). It's dirt cheap and instantly effective, it's essentially the best "pore-tightening" product I've used.

HG.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.