Powered by Blogger.

Review: Bioré UV Perfect Face Milk

Before this sunscreen, I've been having a hard time trying to minimize the oil slick and the typical white cast from my previous sunscreens. I found this Bioré sunscreen from MakeupAlley, and seeing it had a lot of positive reviews, I decided to purchase one.

Sorry, unboxed since I've been using it for a month
Purchasing: I got this from a Sulit.ph seller. One problem with this sunscreen is it is too damn hard to find it here in our country. Haven't tried looking for it in e-bay and other online stores, though. Still, keeping a steady supply is not very easy. I bought it off the seller for about 700 php, shipping included. I'm inclined to think that this product when bought is Japan is very cheap so hopefully, my friends from Japan will give this as my pasalubong instead of the usual Dars chocolates. Or both.

Packaging: The bottle has a very simple design, and its shape is compact enough to fit in the pocket of my bag, therefore, there would be no excuses not why not to bring one when I'm going out. I also like how its dispensing tip tapers and prevents me from making a mess. I am satisfied with the packaging. Very simple yet effective.

Texture: The sunscreen has a milky, just-right runny texture so there is no need to apply it with too much pressure as you're spreading the product on your face. As I'm always in a hurry, I tend to prefer sunscreen with runny texture over those with creamy ones as they are easier to spread.

Yeah, if you could please ignore my chubby fingers, that'd be great.

Ingredients: The UV filters are the following: zinc oxide (physical), titanium dioxide (physical), ethyhexyl methoxycinnamate (chemical). I may not prefer that last chemical filter, but since the sunscreen has no avobenzone on it and the main filter is zinc oxide (which can handle both UVA and UVB, it is fine. It also has some alcohol in it which might be drying for those with dry skin, but for me the alcohol is not an issue.

Finish: Upon application it is slightly oily, but it dries to a cross between dewy at matte finish, so for me it is perfect. The most important thing of all, this product does not leave any white cast on my face. What it does instead is leave a slight glow on my face, but nothing looking too ghastly (in fact, the finish is very, very nice).

Would I go through the possible trouble of exorbitant duties with Customs just so I can buy this product again: Of course! This is the best sunscreen I've ever used and I intent to use it again (unless of course I get to try a better one). But it will be very hard to beat! If this sunscreen were an RPG, it would be my FFVII. Yes, it is that good! 



5 comments:

  1. I was near makati med earlier today and I couldn't resist getting this. I missed TPE.

    Bumili na din ako ng measuring spoons for blogging purposes haha. I can't believe I'm excited over sunblock :D

    Naaliw ako, may makeup stuff na din pala sa TPE, there were majolica majorca mascaras and some bb creams by hada labo. There was also bb powder with spf 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naghoard din ako nito noon pumunta ako. Jeez, I spend a lot when I go at TPE. Mabuti na lang at nadiskubre ko yun nung wala na ako sa Makati. LOL.

      Yey, I'm excited for your sunblock venture, too! Review ka din tapos para masaya! :))

      Delete
    2. Ako naman, I almost bought one of each of the zinc-oxide based sunscreens and shower gels, I have a lot of the latter from watsons. Buti na lang I controlled myself. Mura pala talaga yung Biore dun compared to local online stores.

      Delete
    3. Speaking of Watsons, may nakikita ako nun na Sunplay sunscreen dun by Mentholatum. Meron pa ba nun? I really want to try those products

      Delete
  2. I think Watsons and SM Department Store are the sole distributors of SunPlay, I didn't notice this on the shelf because I wasn't particularly looking for sunblock but I saw Lip Ice (also by Mentholatum). The assortment of products per store is different so the smaller stores might not carry SunPlay, and at this time of year, they may not have all the variants. I'm going to watsons later. Update kita if I chance upon sunplay.

    Anyway, they have a new-ish sun product called 'Divinia'. Similar in consistency with most japanese liquid sunblocks pero it doesn't feel very siliconey. I have the tinted one in the yellow bottle. Titanium oxide sya na meron din onting chemical sunscreen. Ok naman. Pero I wouldve prefered na hindi sya tinted, may pagka-pink tint kasi, e yellow-olive skin tone ako.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.