Powered by Blogger.

Review: The FACE Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil

After weeks of not doing any review due to my ridiculous supposedly light "freelancing" gig (which turned out to be a handful), I'm back with one, and with a happy note. As to why, we might as well get to it then - here's The FACE Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil.

By the way, since I'm too busy nowadays, expect concise reviews - like it or not, there will be less rambling from now on.


Price and Availability: This was an easy purchase for my feet, but not so for my wallet. While there are TFS shops everywhere and this cleansing oil is almost always on-stock, the cost may be quite steep - 615 php (around 13 USD) for 150 ml. At first sight, I thought I would never repurchase because of the price tag, as if this cleanser was lucky I had suddenly ran out of oil and buying this product at that time was the most convenient replacement.

Packaging: Clean, simple, and complete. That's all there is to it. Oh, it does not have instructions on how to use it. And if you're wondering how I used it, I gently rub my face with this oil for no more than a minute, feel the grit smoothly coming of the skin, and wipe the gunk away with soft cloth. Then I proceed with my foaming cleanser.

Texture and Scent: The product name stays true to its promise: it is light. Lighter than mineral oil, lighter than sunflower oil - it almost felt like water on the skin, only a lot sleeker. The scent is floral, personally nothing to fawn over but not a turnoff.

Ingredients: (Obligatory COSDNA link) When I used to cleanse with mineral oil, I usually took my time and spent around a minute letting my mineral oil soaked hand glide on my face. But with this oil, I took caution that one of the main ingredients might trigger acne and irritation (per COSDNA ratings) so I never let this sit too long on my face. All is well for me, but if you're acne prone or quite sensitive, you're better of trying this product first via samples instead of committing on a bottle of something that can break you out.

Performance: Amazing! I did mention that I got gritty particles off my skin - those are probably from my sebaceous filament. I got those hard oil drops out of my skin like a breeze. This oil has actually helped "minimize" my pores with its great cleaning prowess which I'd say is close to the performance of Kose's Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil.

Rating: The FACE Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil may be a bit pricey, but the superb performance justifies that fact. Sensitive skinned and acne-prone users might need to test patch this product rigorously first, but should this work, then you have a bottle of an amazing makeup and sunscreen remover. Will repurchase again, unless I find a cheaper, light oil of similar aptitude!

Ingredients: 3/5
Performance: 5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Overall: 4/5






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.