Powered by Blogger.

Review: The FACE Shop Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam Acerola

I never checked out this cleansing foam until my sister brought home The FACE Shop's Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam. She bought the peach version and I liked how my skin felt when I tried to use her cleanser. But for curiosity's sake, I bought a different variant of the Herb Day 365 cleansing foam line, Acerola.

Price and Availability: This product is very affordable at 265 php, and is easily bought off the nearest TheFACEShop store. This variant is not as common as Aloe or Lemon, though.

Packaging: The product comes in a simple plastic tube. All important information as outlined in my FDA product checking guide is complete, which usually is the case with TheFACEShop's products.

Texture and Scent: What I love about this product is it has that unique fruity scent which is not overbearing at all. A pea-sized amount is enough to make a foam for the face. This cleansing foam is very efficient and it will last you a while. My last tube (aloe vera) lasted for months, even if I use it sometimes to clean my glasses.

Ingredients: Ingredients may be found in cosdna.com. A few potential comedogenic and irritating ingredients, but I'm glad to say it had no effect on me. Be sure to try out samples first before purchasing a full tube!

Performance: While this cleanser is not really replacing my Kose cleansing oil as my daily cleanser (I usually just use water on mornings), it is still a welcome addition to my lineup (especially the Peach variant). For those days when my skin is extra oily, I use it to double cleanse for my night routine. It can really strip off all the slick while not drying the skin. When I accidentally double cleansed though (my cleansing oil is usually fine on its own), it left my skin too tight.

I also use this cleanser after doing a mineral oil massage to loosen up "whiteheads" and "blackheads". The remaining mineral oil on my skin is no match to this cleanser.

The Herb Day 365 cleansing foam was my HG cleanser when I had very oily skin. It is suitable for that skin type and it actually helped with the reduction of acne since it cleans well. But then again, I was not a heavy sunscreen user at that time, but if I were one years ago, I'd still have an oil cleanser to remove the sunscreen.

Rating: This cleanser is affordable, available (here in the Philippines) and efficient. This product may be best suited for oily skin and is not an everyday cleanser for me, but it is reliable for times when I have oily skin or I'm finishing up a mineral oil massage. I may be inclined to try out other foaming cleansers for curiosity's sake, but I'll always come back to this cleanser line. Oh, And the best among the three variants (Aloe, peach, and acerola) I've tried? PEACH. 4/5


3 comments:

  1. I really would not recommend this facial wash. The pH is too high (9, if I recall correctly), and ideally it should be 4 to 5.5. Healthy skin is acidic, to counteract acne-causing bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb!!! great and useful posting.I know a site for organic face wash (http://www.bestorganicfacewash.com/). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Truly speaking I never seen a blog like that. Absolutely superb work. Good luck. Thanks for such an informative post.It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though. Great Thanks.
    potpourri smoke

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.