Powered by Blogger.

Review: TheFACEShop Clean Face Oil-Free Sun Cream

I am a sunscreen addict. I started about a year ago, thanks to reddit's /r/SkincareAddiction. That subreddit convinced me that the best anti-aging regimen I can do now is to protect my skin from sun damage. This sunscreen I'm about to review was my second sunscreen, which was bought on a whim (I was too lazy to check ingredients at that time) because I had no sunscreen and I was desperate to have one. On to the review of TheFACEShop's Oil Free Sun Cream.

Availability and Price: This sun cream can be easily purchased at my nearest TheFACEShop branch for less than 600 pesos. (I can't remember the exact price as this was too long ago, so ball park value may not really be a ballpark value). Anyway, it was cheap enough for me to have a go at experimenting with it.

Packaging: Just like other products from the Clean Face line, the packaging is simple. The tube is quite compact and convenient to carry in a purse. The ingredient list, manufacturer information and other important information are also found at the back of the tube. The product did not come with a fancy box though, but this is fine with me, as this gives the manufacturer more monies to improve the formulation.

Texture and Scent: The texture is rich and thick because it is a cream. Using the correct amount of sunscreen at this time (1/4 tsp or peso-sized - as outlined in one of my posts), the following are some of my observations:

- It does not smell like a very strong perfume or such, but the fragrance might be too much for some people. Personally, I am not fond of it, but thankfully, the scent will go away in minutes.
- The peso-sized amount is easy to spread as it somehow melts in as it is spread, but it will take a while to pat the product in dry, and much longer if you do not pat it in.
- The product might look like it is heavy, but it is not. Even at the correct amount, I'd say it is a cross between a cream and a gel. 

Ingredients: (from cosdna.com) The main filters are Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (chemical filter) and Titanium Dioxide (physical filter). If you would take a second to inspect the ingredient list from cosdna, the fomula is non-comedogenic and non-irritating. I have sensitive skin and this sun cream did not break me out at all. 

Finish: The product does claim it is oil-free, but somehow with correct amount used, it made my face slightly shiny and white immediately after application. This is why it is important to pat it down properly and long enough to get the matte finish the SA claimed. For me, as I am always in a hurry, the application to matte finish takes a while so my face felt sticky for half an hour after application. 
Also, because I do not have the patience to pat it until it dries, the product somehow melts in the sun and may sting when it gets in my eyes. 

Good thing though, the product is somewhat moisturizing and BB cream will not look caked when applied on top of this sun cream.

Rating: Cheap, simple, well-formulated. It may take a while to set the product in its correct matte finish, but I highly recommend this product for those with very sensitive skin. Just take the time to pat it all in, then it's perfect. 

Edit (January 8, 2014): This product is well formulated but unfortunately the PA++ is not enough. I've realized it days ago when I was reviewing Etude's Sunplay with the same PA rating. As such, the usefulness of this sunscreen is limited as well, so I am revising the rating to a 3/5.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.