Powered by Blogger.

Review: Innisfree Eco Safety No Sebum Sun Milk

Along with my return from the All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day commemoration, I am back with a sunscreen review. I normally would have access to this product, thanks to my sister, who "gave" this sunscreen to me, we can review it: Innisfree's Eco Safety No Sebum Sun Milk (SPF 50, PA+++).


Availability and Price: Innisfree products are available in the Philippines through online sellers or online shops only (no door-to-door shipping, though), so this product is not very accessible. In fact, I only got mine from my sister. It's priced at around 14 USD (not more than 700 php) at roseroseshop.com. It's currently on sale for 11.20 USD.

Packaging: I got this sunscreen already half-empty, so I have no idea whatsoever with the labels it should have (especially, ingredient list). Similar to other Asian sunscreens, you have to shake this sunscreen prior to use.By the way, I like innisfree's packaging concept, from the simple designs and this screen's matte bottle.

Texture and Scent: It has a very mild fragrance to it, which reminds me of well-kept kitchens or bathrooms, which I like, weird as it sounds. The sun milk has good consistency, not too thick or thin, and can be smoothly applied on the face. True to it's name, it does not leave an oily residue, which is a fresh development for me as most of my Korean sunscreens (MISSHA) do leave a shiny film for a few minutes. Good for times when I do not have the time to pat a sunscreen in.

Peso-sized amount

Ingredients (from cosdna.com): The main filters are Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. This is an all-physical filter screen, and thanks to Titanium Dioxide, white cast is expected. It has a bunch of moisturizing ingredients in it, and best of all no drying alcohol components (Alcohol SD, Denat Alcohol, etc). It has -cones, I'm assuming for ease of application and as emollients, and a bunch of plant extracts which may be active ingredients or just pixie dust. Overall, it's a fine ingredient list for a physical screen. 

Finish: As expected with Titanium Dioxide-containing screens, it has a bit of a white cast that will take time to go away (about half an hour). The very nice thing with this sunscreen though, is it leaves a real matte finish without resorting to alcohol, which may be drying to some people. It balls up under my current MISSHA BB cream, but I use this product inside the house anyway (we have HUGE windows), so it's fine for me.

Rating
Pros:
- all physical filter screen, which may work better than chemical or chemical + physical filter screens (for those with sensitive skin)
- real matte finish
- non-drying (no drying alcohol types)

Cons:
- hard to find here in the Philippines, 
- has white cast

Ingredients: 5/5
Value for money: 3/5
Performance: 4/5
Overall: 4/5




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.