Powered by Blogger.

How I destroyed my hands

I am not fond of taking care of my hands. I have dry hands, with the skin at the base of my nail frequently punishing me for it. I've also subjected it to insane amounts of wet-dry cycles. Pressing buttons on a console controller, then wash dishes (the game is paused), continue playing, and then I need to pee, continue playing.

But a few weeks ago, finally my hands have had their final straw.

My husband gave me this.

This Burj Al Arab brick model took me about 18 hours and believe me, the small blocks were hell. And I was partly to blame. I've always had dry hands, but in every few hours while doing the model, I had to cook, wash dishes, use the toilet, touch a cold glass full of ice and condensation around it - again the typical wet-dry cycle. And this wet-dry cycle destroyed my hands.

But it's totally worth it!
Up to a week after the brick-model building, my fingers still had a lot of shallow holes in them and I could have sworn my left thumb's mark is beyond recognizable and if it were in CSI it would never be matched. My hands were rough as hell, too. The quick cure would've been Vaseline if I'm not busy with my hands - which isn't the case, so I had to resort to weeks of constant use of a non-sticky body lotion instead. I've recently bought a hand cream and will have a mini review on it. (Mini? Because I am not interested in hand creams. Plus I used a couple more products and they should be in it too) 

*Sigh* I hate dry skin...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.