Powered by Blogger.

Review: Skin Food's Wildberry Milk Cleansing Foam (moist)

Have you ever been in a situation where you think you're contented with everything, then something comes along and takes you by surprise? I had this happen to me weeks ago when I started using Skin Food's Wildberry Milk Cleansing Foam - and  it's THE best foaming cleanser ever.




Price and Availability: I have been not careful (again) with my receipt-keeping so the best I can do is give the price range: it's around 350 to 400 php (8-9 USD) from my local Skin Food (Glorietta). If you ask me this is already expensive compared to most drugstore brands priced at no more than 200 php, and The FACE Shop's Herb Day 365 to no more than 300 php (and more product).

Packaging: I've always loved Skin Food's packaging, especially their products with clean-looking, no frills containers. This simple tube has instructions, manufacturer data and most importantly, the ingredient list.


Texture and Scent: The texture is remarkably typical of foaming cleansers which is a good thing. The scent, however, is divine, and it is by far the best fragrance I've ever sampled from a skin care product - heck, maybe even from perfumes or colognes! It smells citrus-y and is reminiscent of berries, but not the usual sickly, hack strawberry scent like the others. If you're the type who is lazy with cleansing, the fragrance in this cleanser might motivate you.

Ingredients (from cosdna): While the scent is something to be raved about, the same cannot be said for its ingredients, according to cosdna. I've been using it for two weeks and I've had no negative reactions with this, and it's probably because the product sits on my skin for only a few seconds because cleanser. Anyway, for those who are acne-prone and still willing to try this product, be sure to patch test. Safety first, as we engineers always say.


Performance: The fruity scent may have been enough to win my favor, but the performance is nothing short of extraordinary. It cleans quite well and leaves no greasy feeling, even with a prior baby oil slick on my face after routine OCM. On top of that, it also leaves it the skin amiss of that tight feeling after a wash (which is caused by very harsh cleansers), making it an overall very good facial wash.

Rating: Although not very cheap, this is by far, the best cleansing foam I've used and is now my HG. The vibrant fragrance is enough to love this product, but the thoroughness in cleansing without stripping the skin is a perfect example of what a cleanser SHOULD do. Highly recommended, with careful patch testing for acne prone users.

Ingredients: 4/5
Performance: 5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Overall: 4.3/5




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.