Powered by Blogger.

Blood Clots and Freelancing

I have been unemployed more than two months now, but luckily, still earning - although it's nowhere half of what I used to make. It may seem like a stupid route to go, but to me who needs time to rest, get fit and pursue other alternative methods of earning in lieu of a 8 am - 6 pm job, it's a very good trade-off. 

However, not many are aware of what working from home really is, probably due to the obvious lie of an advertisement we see in the internet: work-at-home mom earns 200 USD an hour, or something like that. My mother and sister-in-law thought it was such a breeze - you know, no bosses, no chismosa office workers, no commutes, you get tons of free time, and of course, the great pay. Little do they know that freelancing is literally being your own boss, accountant, marketing personnel, driver, courier, errand boy - basically wearing several hats with the pay of just one person.

Freelancing, I thought prior to starting this, would give you more time. Now, this is true but there's a catch. You are expected to be ALWAYS available, especially if you have clients who are beating deadlines. Oh, you're trying to lull your baby to sleep,? Better let him/her sleep on his own then. You can't work too late in the evening? We still have daylight here, and so do our clients. There is immense flexibility of time, but it works for your and your client.

Anyway, I just had to put this here in case you guys were wondering about the post frequency. I've been too busy with a client and I was making sure I do not miss out on this opportunity. I mean, I use the money I earn for bills and my skincare addiction! 

I'll be back with a slightly related story on tranexamic acid in a few days. Stay beautiful!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.