Powered by Blogger.

Review: Laneige Balancing Emulsion (Sensitive)

Branding is not everything. This is my rule for all the things I buy.

But there are rare exceptions when I do feel adventurous and splurge on products that will cost me more than a thousand pesos. Weeks ago, I ran out of emulsion and since I was in a hurry to buy ANYTHING, I ended up going to a Laneige shop in SM Megamall. Since I have had weirder skin since pregnancy (which remained so after a few months after loss), I thought I should buy the "Sensitive" variant of Laneige's Balancing Emulsion.

Pros:
- Easy to apply. As expected of all emulsions.
- Unscented. If I recall correctly the other variants are scented.

Cons:
- Expensive at 1500 pesos for a 120 mL bottle
- Ingredients are not that spectacular, except for the Beta Glucan, which is an anti-oxidant and anti-irritant. My face is still splotched with red though, and I'm not sure if the emulsion did reduce the redness or not. 



- Finish is shiny! I was unable to use this as a day time moisturizer, so I used it as a night moisturizer...
- But it is not moisturizing enough for night use. I had to apply twice for my skin to feel plump when I wake up. In short, it does not feel like an emulsion, but it does not function as a heavy duty moisturizer either.

Here's the finish, by the way (the forehead is sooo shiny). It even highlighted my huge pores, too.


So, will I buy this again? Probably not. I've seen cheaper ones which perform better. Pretty mediocre for the price. 

Rating: 2/5

1 comment:

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.