Powered by Blogger.

Eye Cream, are you worth it?

So because of the horrors I get from my job (I can't sleep sometimes) and due to my somewhat light skin tone, I have really huge and puffy and dark eye bags. I consistently apply moisturizers and sunscreen around my eye area but the eye bags are still there.

Would have been cute if I were a panda. (From Wikimedia Commons, photo by J.Patrick Fischer)
Yesterday, I decided to pay a visit to one of the Korean skin care shop's Robinson's Galleria branch. I asked the sales assistant for an eye cream or eye bag spot treatment. She led me to a new line of product, again containing the usual cleanser, toner, emulsion, essence, eye cream and moisturizer set - a very usual line-up from Korean brands with lots of products to apply. 


When I looked at the ingredient list for the eye cream, I did not see any unusual ingredient which can help with the dark circles. I was expecting a Vitamin C somewhere, or retinol. In fact, the ingredient list looked more like a normal moisturizer, albeit more expensive than the moisturizer from the same line. 

And today, I found this article from paulaschoice.com. Short story, we don't need a more expensive eye cream. Ordinary moisturizers which work for the rest of our face will do. Unless of course, our eye area is much drier than the rest of the face, then we might need a different moisturizer for our eye area. 

So for me, it's either I get an intense moisturizer for my eyes or quit my job and get some sleep. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.