Powered by Blogger.

Review: Kanebo Allie Precious Barrier Protector SPF 50 PA+++ (Blue variant)

When I was just starting out with the diligent sunscreen use (this started about a year ago) and after a couple of mishaps with two sunscreens from Korean brands, I was actively seeking any Japanese sunscreen that can fit my budget. Shiseido sunscreens from the malls here cost around 2500 pesos, so that brand is a no-no. Masyadong sosyal. And because I had ran out of sunscreen at that time, I purchased Kanebo's Allie Precious Barrier Protector in a hurry.




Availability and Price: it costs 1500 php for a 60 mL bottle (25 pesos per mL). This sunscreen is one of the most expensive I have tried. On the plus side, It it fairly easy to find as I bought mine from a Kanebo kiosk from SM's deparment store.

Packaging: The bottle is slim enough to carry on a purse and the dispensing end is very neat. It should because...

Texture and Scent: The texture is quite runny. It is so runny that it would run down to my knuckles as I try to place it on my face. And the scent is quite strong, not a flowery or perfume scent but more like the smell of cheap rubbing alcohol plus soy sauce. Quite a weird scent!


Ingredients: main filter is zinc oxide and ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate. The rest of ingredients can be found here (www.ratzillacosme.com).

Finish: The product dries fast with minimal brightening finish upon drying. The product may have that strong alcohol-like smell, but the finish for me is fine, not too matte or shiny, even with my oily skin.

Rating: This sunscreen's performance (ingredients, finish) is good, as expected from Japanese sunscreen. However, I am not a fan of the texture and the scent. Also, the price is quite high when compared to Biore's sunscreen, even with the online sellers' markup or shipping fee. So no, I am not inclined to buying this again as there are better performing AND cheaper alternatives. 2/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.