Powered by Blogger.

Product vs Product (PvP): Nature Republic Mango Bebe Lip Care Stick vs. Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm

As someone with pouty but easily dried lips, lip care is very important for me. As a kid, my lips always had skin peeling off of it that sometimes, my lips will even bleed. Even until now. This is why I buy a lot of lip care products and store them in my bag, my office cabinet and personal care kit at home.

Today, I'll be reviewing Nature Republic's Mango Bebe Lip Care Stick SPF 15 (which I've already used up months ago) alongside Nivea's Med Protection Lip Balm (current).

On the left corner: Mango Bebe Lip Care Stick SPF 15 from Nature Republic

On the right corner: Nivea Med Protection Lip Balm


Availability and Price: Obviously, Mango Bebe Lip Care Stick is available in Nature Republic shops. I bought mine for around 200 php. Nivea's lip balm, on the other hand can be bought off drugstores, supermarkets and department stores. I bought mine from the nearest supermarket for around 100 php. 
For this round, Nivea wins my point.

Packaging: The Mango Bebe lip balm has a taller but thinner tube as compared to Nivea's. I value my bag's space so this round goes to Mango Bebe.

Texture and Scent: Scent for both is not noticeable, which is fine for me. MB does feel heavy on my lips when I accidentally apply too much, which is in contrast with MP's light and non-sticky texture on the lips. This point goes to Med Protection.

Ingredients: Both products claim to provide SPF 15. Mango Bebe has a combination of three filters (ingredient list ingredient list link) while Med Protection only has methoxycinnamate (ingredient pic here) which is not that photostable. Mango Bebe has one physical filter, so my vote goes to Mango Bebe.

Finish: The MB when applied has a noticeable glossy finish which for me is unwelcomed since I do not want to bring any attention to my lips. Nivea's stick, on the other hand, glides easily on the lips and does not have a glossy finish. I could apply more layers and still, there is minimal to none shine. Another point for Nivea.

Close fight. Nivea's Med Protection wins!

I'll do more PvP's for my lip care products once I finish up my Nivea stick. Yes, I finish them all up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.