Powered by Blogger.

Review: The FACE Shop EAU de L'ÂME Perfumed Body Shower Gel

Today, I'll be reviewing a body cleanser I bought for those special times when my regular Safeguard's scent won't cut it -  The FACE Shop's EAU de L'ÂME Perfumed Body Shower Gel.



Availability and Price: For 795 php, this cleanser can easily be purchased from the nearest TheFACEShop branch. To be honest, this cleanser is expensive for a low-salary person like me. I just happened to really like the smell.

Packaging: Apart from the neat way the pump dispenses the product, the bottle is adorned with a simple print, which somehow, for me, made the product look elegant. The box is properly labeled (in English), which is what I like from TFS as compared to similar Korean brands.

Ingredients: water, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, fragrance, cocamidopropyl betaine, acrylates copolymer, grapefruit extract, orange fruit extract, ipomoea purpurea extract, convallaria majalis bulb/root extract, magnolia liliflora flower extract, paeonia albiflora flower extract, lilium candidum flower extract, lauramide DEA, glycol distearate, sodium chloride, citric acid, styrene/acrylates copolymer, cocamide MEA, potassium hydroxide, polyquarternium-20, stearyl alcohol, lactobacillus ferment, milk protein, saccharomyces ferment filtrate, lactococcus, butylene glycol, disodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, metylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol

I get this feeling that with the grapefruit and orange extract, this product may be marketed as a brightening cleanser for the body, but I cannot attest if this is possible as I did not use it quite regularly. And for those who are into the anti-SLS/SLES thing, this product did not irritate my skin at all.

Texture and Scent: This shower gel is quite easy to apply and not much product is needed to make a decent lather. One slightly-larger-than-a-pea-sized amount is quite enough for my body - and to be clear with this, I am quite plump.

I like the fragrance, too, which somehow is more appropriate for women, as the scent was reminiscent of flowers in full bloom. Although the scent is strong (it should be!), it is never overpowering or irritating. It will not last for very long after you step out from the shower, though, as the scent goes away in 30 minutes.

Rating: Product is pricey, but this shower gel has a very nice scent that comes with it and the amount needed for a lather somehow makes up for it. Still, I may be inclined to find a different shower gel than can have a good scent for a lower price. 3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.