Powered by Blogger.

Review: Missha All-around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk

As I am about to run out of this sunscreen and on my way to opening my spare bottle, I think it's time to review this nice product courtesy of Missha.

By the way, notice how I often come up with reviews of sunscreen? That's because sunscreen is the product I use and repurchase quite regularly. And following the recommended amount as I've previously discussed (here), I could easily finish up a bottle in a month.

Okay then, on to the review.



Availability and Price: Due to my very busy schedule, I was unable to verify if the Soft Finish Sun Milk is available in Missha kiosks here in the Philippines (the Waterproof Sun Milk was available). I bought two bottles from roseroseshop.com for 12 USD each (it was on a 40% sale), and even without the discount it is still cheaper to buy from the net. In my opinion, purchasing this sunscreen here is not as easy as buying from drugstores, but it is not as inconvenient as with Biore's.

Packaging: The bottle is slim and will easily fit an average sized cosmetics purse. The dispensing end does make a little mess on the lid, but not so much that it would ooze out even when the bottle is closed. But still, it could use a bit of improvement.

Texture and scent: There is a hint of fragrance somewhere in this sunscreen, but it is subtle enough and is not irritating to the nose at all. The texture is runny will trickle down my fingers if I don't spread it quickly on my face.


Ingredients: (from cosdna.com) This sunscreen is a combination of chemical and physical sunscreen, with ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide as the filters. It has alcohol in it but fortunately, this sunscreen does not dry the skin out. The fact that this sunscreen did not sting my eyes is very nice, too (the Essence Sun version did).

Finish: Upon application, it feels as if it made my skin oily, but it is matte once it has dried. Give it a few minutes then the finish is perfect! It does have a slight white cast though, but is not very overwhelming and actually gave an apt brightening effect. But the best thing about this sunscreen's finish is it made application of my BB cream much easier. It did not make my face look caked and it actually made the BB cream look more well-blended. No idea if this is just a nice accident applicable for me, or if Missha did formulate the sunscreen makeup-friendly.

Rating: Although not as easily acquired as a drugstore product, Missha's All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Mlik is a welcome addition to my list of "repurchasables". Although they could still improve the packaging, this minor fault will not stop me from repurchasing this sunscreen. It will not replace Biore as my No. 1 sunscreen, but I very much satisfied with this sunscreen and I highly recommend it. 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.