Powered by Blogger.

Review: MISSHA All-around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk

Back again with a sunscreen review, because I bought a tiny tiny 40 mL bottle of MISSHA's All-around Safe Block Waterproof Sun Milk, and I've used up 3/4 of it. Better review it while I still have some of the product. I just realized that I've just opened this bottle less than a month ago and using the peso-sized amount of sunscreen can be expensive.

Anyway, I bought this from a sale, along with two other MISSHA sunscreen, so my pockets were not burned by this purchase. On with the review then!



Availability and Price: I bought this from a roseroseshop.com sale for less than 9 USD (it was on sale). I'm not sure how much this product would cost here in the Philippines, but I would love to update you guys on the exact price. Yes, the last time I checked the MISSHA kiosk in Glorietta's Cinderella, they have this sunscreen.

Packaging: Unfortunately, all of the text, except for the product name and ingredient list, are in Korean, so we cannot check other claims this sunscreen may have, aside from being well.. a sunscreen. Packaging is quite similar to the Soft Finish Sun Milk from one of my reviews, but I somehow like this tiny bottle because it is lighter and easier to fit in my bag.


Texture and Scent: It has a weak hint of fragrance like it's sister (Soft Finish version) but I noticed this sunscreen is thicker and easier to handle prior to patting / spreading. But then, as this is thicker, this sunscreen will require more patting time.

Ingredients (also on cosdna.com): The main filters in this sunscreen are Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, and Titanium Dioxide, hence there is white cast with this sunscreen, but how bad it is in the photo, I have no idea. I'm not the selfie-type. Amost all of the main ingredients (to me, the first ten on the list) of this waterproof sunscreen is similar to the Soft Finish version. One ingredient of note is Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate,which scored low on cosdna's safety scale. Upon Googling of this ingredient though, I came upon an abstract of a study which found this ingredient safe.


Also, and I hope I am wrong here, but the US FDA says that no sunscreen is "waterproof" as eventually, the sunscreen will be washed away. Besides, even if it is more water resistant, sunscreen still has to be applied regularly during sun exposure. So don't rely on the waterproof label so much.

Finish: The good thing about this sunscreen is it dries matte.. and quickly too, for approximately 2-4 minutes of patting, depending on how tired my hands are from working. What I did not like about this sunscreen is the white cast, which is a bit more pronounced that the light pink-tinted Soft Finish version.

Rating: I like this sunscreen as much the Soft Finish version, if not only for the white cast. The waterproof label to me does not really matter, but it may for those who plan to be out for a swim. So yeah, the worse white cast is not worth it. Still, it is a good enough sunscreen, though I am more likely to get a Biore or the Soft Finish version over this one. 4/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.