Powered by Blogger.

Review: Laneige Lip Treatment SPF 17

I cannot deny that my work is so stressful. This is mainly because I sometimes am unable to sleep worrying about some of the decisions I've made. So sometimes, I go to work pale and looking like a ghost, that sometimes my boss and colleagues can't help but comment on how pale and colorless my face is, especially with my lips.

So I decided to look for tinted lip balms. This lip balm was an "impulse buy" as I did not research the ingredients until now, so together, let's discover Laneige's Lip Treatment.



Availability and Price: I bought this for 990 php, which is quite expensive, but hey, branding. Anyway, Laneige's kiosks here in the Philippines are not as common as the other Amore Pacific brands, but they're here. Branches I know are in Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia and Robinson's Galleria. The kiosks do not have all the hues though, so be sure to ask the SA's.

Packaging: Does not look like an ordinary lip balm at all. The original box had no ingredient list on it, but thankfully, Amore Pacific (Philippines) decided to place all the necessary labels for our guidance. It made the signature Laneige box look unclean, but hey, I'd rather have information on my product than have a cute little box I'll probably throw anyway.

Texture and Scent: What I really like about this lip balm is it is not very sticky and spreads quite evenly and easily - a swipe or two is fine. It also does not feel heavy like other lip balms. No fragrance from this lip balm either.



Ingr
edients: Here is the especially long list of ingredients I just typed at cosdna.com. It has the emollients and moisturizers up there in the list, meaning these ingredients have the most concentration in it. No red flags for this product, except for one of the pigments, but it is way at the end of the list, so in my opinion, this is not such a big concern.

Finish: I used this product heavily last weekend, when I accidentally left my untinted Nivea at the office. My lips had started to flake when I used this product. Initially, I did not see this product as moisturizing enough because it feels light on the lips, but after removing the flaky skin (carefully) and applying this balm, my lips did feel moisturized and stopped flaking after a few hours.. it worked!

The color does not last that long, but this is fine since products with sunscreen need to be applied every two hours anyway.

Rating: So far, I still feel like this is a somewhat expensive lip balm, but at least I do not regret my purchase. I will definitely finish this stick, but I'm open to trying other tinted lip balms. 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.