Powered by Blogger.

Review: Too Cool For School O2 Bubble Cleansing Pack

Chicken.

Whenever I touch my face, I can't help but feel tiny bumps on it, and I hate it. My office mate even commented on how scaly my face looked. I figured I might have dry skin, or I simply lack exfoliation (because I am afraid of exfoliating as I get damaged capillaries very easily - and I am being gentle). 

So I decided I should moisturize more often (even at work, during breaks.. definitely buying a handy moisturizer) and I should get an exfoliator. I was in TCFS's North EDSA branch and the SA recommended this cleansing pack when I told her I was looking for an exfoliator. 

So how did it perform?

Availability and Price: I bought this for 665 php, which is somewhat expensive for a cleanser. I have no idea how much product this has (as far as I know, the box was unhelpful in providing any relevant consumer information), but the whole pump bottle is around 10 cm high and the diameter is 5 cm wide. I am not asking you to compute the volume, just saying that the bottle itself is not that big!

I heard from the SA that this product is a best-seller, so they probably have stock for this product.

Packaging: Bad. First, on the box details. All of the text, except for the brand name and product are all written in Hanggul. So I have no idea if it had directions, an ingredient list and/or manufacturer information. To be blunt, the box was useless. 

Second, the bottle with a pump head. Whenever I get the product (via the pump, of course) a tiny bit of product is also deposited on the sides of the pump head. My guess is, the product seeps out of the connection between the bottle and the pump but as to how that happens, I have no idea. 

And yes, I did buy this product even based solely on what the SA told me. Foolish, foolish me.

Texture and Scent: This product is quite scented, good thing it did not smell bad. To me it is a somewhat refreshing scent, so for me it is fine. The product, immediately after dispensing, is akin to Cetaphil cleanser, which is somewhat.. hard to describe. Maybe gooey, but not to the point that it will be hard to apply. A few seconds later, tiny bubbles will form on the face. 

I wish I knew what ingredients it had so I could trace how that happened.

Ingredients: Again, no ingredient list on the packaging, and even on the net. Should there be an ingredient list, I would very much like to find the active ingredients which helps with these claims (referring to the TCFS post on the product here):

- helps skin stay moisturized after cleansing
- deeply cleanses, making the skin look clean
- has an immediate brightening effect
- vitalizes skin by supplying oxygen

I have no idea how a cleanser can help with the moisturizing. Maybe it cleans so thoroughly that it helps a skin care product cover more area (vs. dirty skin) or it cleans gently enough that it is not very stripping. As for that oxygen therapy thing described on TCFS's website, I am a bit skeptical if the oxygen (if there is oxygen generated or something) can penetrate the skin. And if it does, how does it work? I can't seem to find any study regarding the use of oxygen as part of skin care, so there.

Finish: To be fair, the product feels like it cleans very well, and gently too. It does give a temporary smoothness after washing, which I have no idea if it is due to exfoliation or smoothing ingredients.

Rating: For now, I think it is not fair to judge this product's claims as I do not have the ingredient list. But based on what I felt, this product is neither a flop or spectacular. So for now, 3/5.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.