Powered by Blogger.

Review: The Face Shop Sake Nourishing Body Lotion

For body lotions, I usually prefer brands which are on the mid-range price: St. Ives brand comes into mind. Failing to monitor the amount of lotion I have left and running out of supplies, I decided to try one of The Face Shop's many body lotions. This product has been on the brand's line for years, so I thought it might be a good product to make it onto the shelves for that long. Nope, you're right, it's another unplanned, expensive buy.

On to the review of yet another shopping whim, The Face Shop's Sake Nourishing Body Lotion.


Availability and Price: It is easy to find as I've always seen this in many The Face Shop stores nationwide. I must apologize as I lost my receipt and can only give a ballpark price: it's between 500-600 php. To be honest, I find this product a bit expensive as I've found a much cheaper lotion for the similar if not more volume (260 ml) for less than 500 php.

Packaging: The pump functions perfectly, allowing for full control on how much product is needed, the bottle, as well as the box, has proper instructions and ingredient lists. I feel like the box is redundant and is a waste of resources since all the necessary information is also found at the back of the bottle.


Texture and Scent: The texture is very unique - the lotion is quite light and reminiscent of fluffy, beaten egg whites. It is no surprise then that Sake Nourishing Body Lotion is quite easy to spread, which is a plus point for me. The fragrance is strong, which reminded me of very fragrant loose powders sold in the drugstores in the Philippines. For me, it is overpowering, but it's not such a big issue for me as the scent will go away in minutes.

It's like an oily icing.
Ingredients (from cosdna.com): Typing all of that into the site was no easy task! Some ingredients were found to be potentially comedogenic or irritating, but thankfully, our body's skin is less sensitive than our face. With that said, for the many weeks I've been using this I did not experience any irritation whatsoever.


Finish: This is where this product stands out. Some lotions I've used, especially those I buy from supermarkets (yes, even my trusty St. Ives) take a while to sink it. For women like me who squeeze their skin care regimen into their schedule like a pack of MRT commuters in a hurry into an already crammed cart, this helps a lot. In will sink into the skin within a minute. The best part of this is there is no residue left on the sheets, which I've experienced with some of the more affordable brands. It is that light, but the moisturizing ability feels like it's from a regular, heavy lotion.

Rating: The Face Shop's Sake Nourishing Body Lotion performs exceptionally well, but is expensive for the budget-conscious. Should you want to splurge on a lotion for a job well done or a celebration of some sort, I highly recommend this product. It moisturizes well but is light enough and is easily absorbed. Do I plan to repurchase this lotion? Yes, I do! *shopping whim success*

Ingredient: 4/5
Value for money: 3/5
Performance: 5/5
Overall: 4/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.