Powered by Blogger.

Update: MISSHA Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence

Hello! Before I go on with my revisit for the MISSHA Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence as promised on its review, I would like to apologize first for not posting last week for I've been busy with our wedding. I do have a skincare related post coming in relation to that event, so stay tuned!


Now, let's recap where I left off on the review.


1. I had concerns with Niacinamide and Vitamin C interaction. Note that I used a Vitamin C serum with Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP), but as from the FutureDerm article, I figured that the MAP may convert to L-ascorbic acid upon absorption into the skin.

What I did is to transfer my Vitamin C serum to morning use only, and use Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence during night time. Problem solved! Also, I've read from /r/SkincareAddiction that MAP and Niacinamide interaction is nothing to worry about, but I wanted to be sure, so I altered my routine anyway.

2. I did not notice significant lightening improvement in my acne scars from using this product alone.

I stopped using the Salicylic Acid spot treatment from two weeks and carried on using this essence. I admit the time may be too short, but the SA worked faster and is cheaper, so between SA and this product, I could safely say I lightened my skin pigmentation from acne using SA.

But here's a new observation:

I got off this product for a week because of an out of town trip (this product is not ideal for travel because of its weight). I noticed my face was now less tight, and I'm speculating it might be because I'm off this product (and my Vitamin C), and I might have grown a bit more chub because I had a week's rest prior to the wedding. Yeah, but I'm pretty sure about just missing the skin tightening benefit from this product.

I missed my skincare, but the trip was totally worth it. It's at The Inn at Cliff House Tagaytay.
Okay, so the revised rating for MISSHA's Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence is:

Ingredient: 5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Performance: 5/5
Overall: 4.6/5

Yep, good enough for a repurchase and will always be welcome in my go-to routine!

6 comments:

  1. Hi there! Where did you buy it and for how much? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I got it as a gift from my sister. Missha has a physical store in SM North Annex in Quezon City.

      Delete
  2. Hi! :) I also had the same results for acne scars, just meh. Do you have any recommendations I'm really desperate haha. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! :) I also had the same results for acne scars, just meh. Do you have any recommendations I'm really desperate haha. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends on the acne scar. If they are pretty deep, you'd need to ask a dermatologist for solutions. But if all you have are pigmentation, a Vitamin C serum and as-needed exfoliation will do.

      Delete
  4. Hey there! Check out www.philosophie.tictail.com for more Korean beauty products! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.