Powered by Blogger.

Review: Innisfree Camellia Shine Hair Essence

I intended to use this blog only for reviews of skin care products. However, I've came across this hair care product I liked and I would like to share it with everyone. I used to not care for hair care products, but ever since I damaged my hair so much from using bubble color shampoos and finally getting a perm, I've paid some attention. Take a look at Innisfree's Camellia Shine Hair Essence.

Penguin not included.
Availability and Price: If you're from the Philippines, Innisfree products can only be purchased from online sellers. If not for my sister, I would probably get mine from roseroseshop.com for around 9.50 USD (420 php) or lower if it is on sale. The price may be steep for some, especially for some Filipinos who are quite used to a popular hair polish here which sells for around 70 pesos per 30 ml. For Innisfree's Camellia Shine Hair Essence, we can see that with 150 ml of product, we pay around 85 pesos per 30 ml, which is a bit higher than the local brand, but for me is not too much.

Packaging: I like how Innisfree keeps the packaging simple and un-frilly. The pump can easily be controlled to dispense a desired amount, plus its clear cap does not dislodge very very easily. If not for its size, this would be ideal for travel, too. The bottle thankfully has English directions and ingredient list.


The pump is quite neat! 
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethiconol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Silk

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone and Dimethiconol are usually slip agents which are responsible for the soft and silky feel from hair products. Some people may not like silicones because they say it can cause pimples but as per this helpful article by Paula Begoun, these claims are not backed by research. C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate is a thickening agent and/or emollient, and has a good rating on Paula Begoun's ingredient dictionary as well.

Camellia Seed Oil is a popular natural skin and hair care ingredient but unfortunately, I cannot find any publication about its effect on hair. There is also no research on the effects of silk on hair.


Texture, Scent, Finish: Innisfree's Camellia Shine Hair Essence is very easy to use and is thin enough to ensure easy application, which is a bit different from the local popular hair polish. And the scent is so good, plus the fragrance lasts the whole day (when I'm at home the whole day, by the way)! For just two pumps, the ends of my hair which now look like walis tambo from all that chemical damage will look like the rest of my normal hair, and this effect will last the whole working day.

Rating: Now, if you're a bit off the budget, the local hair polish does a good job when compared to Camellia Shine Hair Essence, if not similar. The only difference is that Innisfree's essence is lighter and easier to apply and at least for me, smells better.

Ingredients: 4/5
Performance: 5/5
Value for money: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.