Powered by Blogger.

Review: MISSHA All-Around Safe Block Essence Sun

Months ago, I purchased three sunscreen types by MISSHA, two of which I have already reviewed, both with above average ratings. I'm going to review the last one, which is a sunscreen reminiscent of flowers, freshness, and fire - MISSHA's All-Around Safe Block Essence Sun.


Availability and Price: I bought this product from a roseroseshop.com sale, for a discounted price of 5.28 USD with a discount rate of 30%. Even if it were not discounted, this sunscreen is pretty cheap. roseroseshop.com did not offer free shipping at that time and I also had to take a leave to pick up my roseroseshop package at the post office (since PhilPost apparently does not do door-to-door delivery for cosmetics). In all, if not for the hassle of buying it online, it is quite affordable. I have yet to see this product from MISSHA stores here as their kiosks have limited products.

Packaging: I like the packaging for its pink color and velvet-y texture, but I am not fond of the dispensing tube as I feel it does not allow for full emptying and some product is wasted (I am on my second tube, by the way). The tube is somehow rounder at the bottom, unlike the other two MISSHA All Around Safe Blocks I've used, so it consumes a bit more space.


Texture and Scent: I like the how this sunscreen is a cream but does not feel like one. It is easy to spread onto to the skin, and brings somewhat a cooling sensation that is quite refreshing - it actually reminded me of Biore's UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Water Base, whose texture was very nice. The scent is reminiscent of flowers, which may be a bit unsettling for those who do not like strong scent in their sunscreen. Personally, I like it.

Ingredients (from cosdna.com): Filters for this sunscreen are the following: Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate), Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid (Ensulizole), Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate (Uvinul A Plus) and Bisethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (Tinsorb S).


You may ask what is the significance of listing all those difficult names. From the list of FDA approved filters above, the approved filters on this sunscreen only cover the UVB rays while the non-FDA approved agents (namely Tinsorb S and Uvinul A Plus) are in charge of both UVA and UVB. BUT I'd like to point out though that Tinsorb S and Uvinul A Plus are allowed in Europe and Australia. Tinsorb S in particular has great promise, offering UVB, UVA I and II protection so hopefully more tests and researches can be done to finally nail the FDA approval on this.

For the rest of the ingredients, Cosdna lists them as moisturizers, whitening agents and antixoidants, although there might be very little concentration for these whitening agents and antioxidants as they are listed at the bottom, indicating less concentration.

I have dry skin, so the moisturizing ingredients were a welcome sight!

Finish: With the ingredient list above, this sunscreen is really moisturizing, so it leaves my skin soft but shiny. Don't worry though, the shine stays for only 30 minutes (maybe less if you pat it in). Yeah, I already have dry skin, so I don't mind the dewy finish as long as the sunscreen is very moisturizing.

But wait, this sunscreen stung my eyes. At first I thought it was an isolated case on my first tube, but yesterday, when I tried to spread it to my face (eyelids were included, as I usually do), the same thing happened. Well, nothing is perfect.

Rating: This sunscreen has an amazing ingredient list and moisturizing finish, but it unfortunately stung my eyes and is somewhat inaccessible due to the limited MISSHA kiosks and hassle-laden online ordering. For some users, the dewy finish and scent may not be to their preference, but for those who adore it, like me, it's like icing on a very delicious cake.

I highly recommend this sunscreen, especially for those who have dry skin, but be mindful that it may sting your eyes, so it's best to try it first before committing.


Ingredients: 5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Performance: 4/5
Overall: 4.3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.