Powered by Blogger.

Review: Snoe Hair Heroes "Intense" PM Repair

I've always believed that local products are generally cheaper. But as with every rule or pattern, there will be exceptions. Snoe's Hair Heroes "Intense" PM Repair is one of those.


According to the label at the back of the bottle, this is a leave on conditioner best used at night time. It claims it can "condition, nourish, beautifully soften and repair damaged hair while you sleep."

All right. Here are the ingredients (in order of appearance on the list):

Cyclopentasiloxane - for a wonderful and concise explanation what this ingredient is, here is what the Beauty Brains team had to say: cyclopentasiloxane can lubricate, waterpoof and provide shine. It is good in dispersing heavier ingredients and will evaporate quickly as soon as it does its job. 

Jojoba seed oil - Snoe's Hair Heroes claim that jojoba oil can boost new hair growth, but there is no sufficient evidence yet for such claim. According to the book "The Chemistry and Technology of Jojoba Oil" by Jaime Wisniak, jojoba oil can provide lubrication without the greasy feeling. It can also prevent water loss, although not as effective as other silicones or mineral oil. 
Fragrance - I'm surprised by this ingredient because I hated the smell of this product. I was kind of expecting it had none. 

Argan oil - while argan oil is a very good cosmetic ingredient, the contributions of this oil in the product is doubtful. The fact that it comes after fragrance and last in the ingredient list suggests there is very little amount of argan oil, making it probably just pixie dust.

I bought this product for P299 pesos from Cinderella, which suprised me as I thought it would be cheap (because local brand). For reference, my Innisfree Camellia Shine Hair Essence - which I love - costs around 2.8php / mL, while this serum costs around 6php/mL - more than twice of the Korean product which smells waaay better.

Rating: I wanted to like this repair serum, but I don't like the scent at all. Based on the ingredients, the product claim of conditioning the hair is plausible, but for a steep price of 300 php per 50 mL, I'd prefer the local product Vitress over this one.

Ingredients: 3/5
Performance: 3/5
Value for money: 1/5
Overall: 2.3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.