Powered by Blogger.

Review: Too Cool For School Jean George Llong Sun Block

In my quest to find a new, alcohol-free sunscreen, I've chanced upon Too Cool For School's Jean George Llong. And on this quest, I've realized that some things are easier said than done.

Image from testerkorea.com
I bought this product for around 820 php from Too Cool For School SM North EDSA branch. This was a planned purchase as I've researched the ingredients from cosdna.com beforehand. It is a sunscreen made of both chemical and physical filters, with titanium dioxide being the only physical one and with the least concentration. 

The sunblock is not very viscous (can't find a better term, sorry) but is surprisingly light upon application. It does moisturize my skin so I quite like the feel. Here's what it looks like:


There's just one problem with this sunscreen: the white cast is so bad, it takes a while for it to blend in. It takes about 30 minutes for it to look normal, especially since applying 1/4 tsp will make you look like a ghost. What I did is to pat it all in gently for almost thirty minutes.

Do remember, that this is a chemical + physical sunscreen, and since the chemical filters will degrade as it protects from UV rays, this will demand reapplication. Sunscreen is recommended to be reapplied every two hours and this would mean wasting two hours for sunscreen application should I apply it four times a day (assuming 8 hours of daylight)!

Err, I don't know.

Credit to knowyourmeme.com

Rating: No, I really do not have 30 minutes for a single application. I'd find a sunscreen that can be applied faster. (The makeup wearing crowd is better off with an all-physical sunscreen... and this is not one.)

Value for money: 3/5
Ingredients: 4/5 (looked good on paper)
Performance: 1/5
Overall: 2.6/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.