Powered by Blogger.

Skin care chismis: please don't ban retinol in cosmetics

So while browsing today, I chanced upon a rumor of a possibility of the banning of retinol in skin care products. While I am aware that retinol, along with Vitamin A derivatives, is not exactly recommended for pregnant or lactating women, I am hopeful that there will be no such ban for retinol, which is one of the few effective anti-aging ingredients around.

I am afraid that retinoids (retinol is a retinoid) might become the next paraben. Replacing ingredients, especially highly effective ones in my opinion, should be subject to stringent studies which will justify this action. I am also unsure if topically applied Vitamin A derivatives are indeed the main source of the Vitamin A as there are a lot of Vitamin A rich food items

As someone who is trying to conceive, I am staying away from retinol for now, not because retinol is dangerous for pregnant women per se, but simply because shying away from this is more prudent. For everyone else, the safe path is to seek a dermatologist's advice prior to use of any active ingredient, especially if the concentration is high or you have no idea of what you are doing.

Image from knowyourmeme.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.