Powered by Blogger.

Progress Pics: 4 Months (Patience is Key)

My skin is at it's best condition ever, and I hope it's a plateau, not a mere peak.

Last June, I took a picture of my untouched cheeks (my skin "problem" area) which had literally huge pore issues. This was my skin, four months ago:


Four months later, I am glad to say my skin's pore problem somehow has improved, thanks to adding an exfoliant, switching to a less oily day moisturizer, and using face masks (yes, those creepy looking paper masks). Here's how my skin looks like now. (But please, disregard the fairer skin tone - the sunscreen I used prior to the now photo had a white cast!)

Sorry for the messy hair. It's because I hate
combing it.

It may not be quite evident in the photo, but changes to my skin include a smoother skin, and smaller, cleaner looking sebaceous filaments. I also feel like my skin became softer yet firmer - it bounces back, in a way. Application of cosmetics also became breezier. Yay!

I attribute the changes to ALL of the following:

1. I am now using an exfoliant every other day. I used to have none. Regular exfoliation helped me keep my pores and SFs at bay.

2. I switched my moisturizer with an emulsion (a lighter moisturizer of sorts, available from various Korean brands). My face does not look like an oil slick anymore so my pores are no longer emphasized by the shiny slick.

3. I started using sheet masks again. Every four days, I use a sheet mask instead of my usual night moisturizer. This made me skin plumper/more elastic thanks to the moisture boost.

I will post reviews on the emulsion and sheet masks when I can, so please stay tuned. And I hope you get to have a happy skin day, too!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I know it's impossible to totally blur out pores to a point of non-existence, pero that is a huuuge improvement.

    I agree with the list of things you attributed it to. If there's three things that I believe can make huge changes, they are: exfoliants, moisturizer and sunscreen.

    I just stick with tretinoin as my main exfoliant since I also have acne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IncreĆ­ble. has logrado un cambio maravilloso en tu piel, luce radiante! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.