Powered by Blogger.

Review: Nature Republic California Aloe Sun Block SPF 50 PA+++

Back again from a very long slumber from blogging, and with me, I bring yet another sun screen review born from haphazard purchases and what-not. So while I have the time to write this, here's a quick review on Nature Republic's California Aloe Sun Block.

Not to be confused with the Sun Milk version. That one's
for next time, as soon as my sunscreen stock runs out.

Availability and Price: I bought it at a relatively cheap value of 445 php for 50 mL. I've noticed most moisturizing sun blocks fall at the 400 to 500 php price range, while the thinner ones are priced higher (supply and demand, or just production issues?). This sunscreen is readily available to all Nature Republic stores in the Philippines, so no problems for purchasing within the metro.

Packaging: I usually am not a sucker for Korean skincare packaging as I think they're overly girly if not trying too hard to look "natural". The tangerine hues on this product, however, caught my eyes hence I bought this product on a whim! Plus, the box is properly labelled with English instructions and ingredient list. The tube dispenses product easily but as expected like its similarly packaged peers, squeezing out the product can be daunting once the contents are about to run out .

Texture and Scent: Aloe! Scent is probably the best thing I like about this product as it smells fresh, yet it is not overwhelming. If you're the type who's irked by fragrances (like me, though this one is an exception, obviously), worry not as the smell goes away quickly. As for the texture, it has the a thick lotion-y consistency, which is again usual of very emollient sunscreens. It's lighter as compared to its other moisturizing kin, though.


Ingredients: Nature Republic's California Aloe Sun Block is a combination-type sunscreen, containing both physical (Titanium Dioxide), and chemical filters (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate / Octinoxate, 4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor / Parsol 5000 , and Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane / Avobenzone). I've ranted about the Avobenzone several times before here in my blog, and I do not like this filter as it is potentially photounstable, especially when it works with Octinoxate.

Finish: Shiny, shimmery, very emollient. It may leave behind a minimal white cast, but it instead dumps a lot of moisturizing agents on your skin. This can be good for very dry skinned individuals, but for combination to oily peeps like me, it may be too much.

Rating:
Pros:
- cheap
- awesome aloe fragrance
- moisturizing

Cons:
- has Octinoxate + Avobenzone as its filters
- slight white cast
- may be too emollient for combination/oily skinned users
- dat shine!

Value for money: 3/5
Ingredients: 2/5
Performance: 2/5
Overall: 2.3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.