Powered by Blogger.

Review: Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++

I bought this sunscreen from a drugstore, in a hurry, as I accidentally ran out of sunscreen (for my body) when I was out of office. With no 3G connection, I was unable to at least go to cosdna.com to check the ingredient list. Anyway, here's my review for Hawaiian Tropic's Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen.



Availability and Price: I bought mine from a Watson's store for around 390 php. I've also seen this sunscreen in other drugstores and supermarkets, so it's very much easy to purchase.

Packaging: Quite bulky, which is true for almost all sunscreen made for the body. In fact, this is compact relative to the others.

Texture and Scent: The sunscreen is thick enough not to make a mess but fluid enough to easily spread to the body. The scent reminds me of kakanin or rice cakes with coconut in them. Officemate says it reminds her of latik. The coconut smell is quite strong, really, which irk me off. Just my preference, I guess.

Ingredients: Remember how I made a little sunscreen article here? Well, I kind of forgot what I wrote and purchased this sunscreen with oxybenzone, and avobenzone - the two filters which degrade into free radicals when exposed to sunlight. But since avobenzone (avobenzone + octocrylene) might be stabilized here (I assume so because octocrylene has higher amount than that of avobenzone, but I may be wrong), the only worrisome ingredient is oxybenzone. Still, I failed and gave in to the need to buy without any research. (Ingredient list here).

Finish: The sunscreen is non-sticky upon drying, which takes about 5 minutes after application. It also dries matte. The filters are all chemical filters so there is no white cast. The finish is perfect.

Rating: The bulk and scent may be easily dismissed for the perfect finish this sunscreen provides. However, the active filters are not that reliable for me especially if its by-products may be absorbed by my skin. Not buying this again. 3/5

Edit: Apparently, very high doses of oxybenzone is needed in order to affect the uterine weight of rats. So far, the amount of the compound found in this product does not have adverse effects on humans. Hence, the revision of the rating from 1/5 to 3/5







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.