Powered by Blogger.

Review: Hadalabo Perfect Gel

I had ran out of my HG moisturizer when I was browsing sasa.com and thought of trying a new moisturizer. Although almost inaccessible, I decided to try a Japanese moisturizer just for the heck of it and after much ingredient scrutiny one product after the other, I decided to settle on Hadalabo Perfect Gel.




Availability and Price: I bought it for $40 USD from sasa.com. For someone in the Philippines, Hadalabo's products are next to impossible to purchase, especially if you'll be stingy with paying your customs duties (backstory here). Although the price may seem steep, a little peso-sized amount goes a long way. I've been using it for more than a month and I still have a lot of product. It'll definitely last me until next year.

Packaging: Nothing our of the ordinary, as just like other moisturizers, it comes in a tub which some people do not like (somewhat unhygienic) but is just okay for me. It's also nice that it comes in a plastic container, so should I get clumsy, I won't lose the product due to breakage.

Texture and Scent: The product has a very thick texture for a gel, which makes it a bit harder than other gel type moisturizers to apply (say, Tony Moly's Floria Tightening Cream, my HG when I had oily skin). It is unscented, which is good for my sensitive skin but bad for my nose as I feel like I have soy sauce on my face (to me that's what it smells like).


Ingredients: (list courtesy of cosdna.com) It is this product's ingredient list which made me chose it over its other contenders. Only a few items scored a 1 on cosdna's acne scale (scale of 0 to 5, the lower the better) and it has no irritants. This product never broke me out, by the way.

Finish / Effect: The only drawback I can think of this product is if you intent to use it as a morning moisturizer. You can't, unless you're fine with your face as a reflector. See the product will leave a shiny gel barrier upon drying, somewhat reminiscent of Laneige's Water Sleeping pack as this product is also a sleeping pack. But it is still a good stand-alone night moisturizer.

Rating: Somewhat rare here in the Philippines, Hadalabo's Perfect Gel is efficient as it works even with little product applied. Adequate priced and well-formulated - although it may not work as a day moisturizer, it is a good night moisturizer AND sleeping pack. It may not replace my HG just yet, but I can recommend this product. 4/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.