Powered by Blogger.

Skin care products I cannot go without + Life updates

Again, let me apologize for the lack of attention on this blog the past week - my partner and I got married last Saturday, and we were very busy before and after the wedding.

I do have a skincare entry on this, but first, a short background on wedding trends here in the Philippines.

Having a photo shoot in a hotel during the bridal makeup and prior to going to the church is the trend here nowadays. Obligatory family photos, groom pretending to get ready for the wedding, bride pretending to be sentimental while being actually nervous because I might trip while on the aisle are common.

I mean, is such photo really needed?
So I had to stay in a hotel a day before the wedding. After the wedding, the husband and I went to Tagaytay for the honeymoon, which was more like a 3D/2N food tripping spree. During these times I was out of my home, I had very little room for skincare in my luggage. I wanted to keep my load minimal and I only bought along with me the very very important skincare products.


Makeup Remover and Cleanser

I was cake-faced with makeup on my wedding day. It was good quality Shu Uemura stuff and did not irritate my skin, but I am not used to wearing makeup. I mean, this wedding makeup is my third experience of wearing such, the first from my grandma's golden wedding and the second from my graduation picture.

I bought with me Etude House's Lip and Eye Remover and an oil cleanser which I will be reviewing very soon (Kracie Naive Deep Cleansing Oil - Olive). The eyeliner used under my eyes were very hard to remove, as expected, but nothing this remover and oil cleanser can't handle.

Even the "abays" used this product. Sulit!
Moisturizer

I left my toner because it is heavy and bulky. I left my Vitamin C serum at home as well because the makeup artist thought it was too moisturizing (not at all, IMO) and might interfere with makeup application. I was even advised to not moisturize during a makeup trial done months before the wedding. Still, I bought a moisturizer with me which I know can moisturize without leaving a shiny film (I've used it before - it's TheFACEShop's Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Daily Moisturizer). This moisturizer I bought will also be reviewed soon.

Sunscreen

During the honeymoon, we had to walk around Tagaytay to look for places to eat and the inn we booked had an outdoor Jacuzzi, so the sunscreen is essential. I always carry one on my purse! I also bought a hat as a souvenir and extra sun protection. By the way, this suncreen has already been reviewed here (Missha all-around safe block essence sun).

Coming soon.
How about you guys? Which products are most important to you? Do you have any memorable skin care product stories? Feel free to share on the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting: I was even advised to not moisturize during a makeup trial done months before the wedding.

    Did the makeup artist share why? I thought initially that s/he would say it's acidic and may oxidize your foundation.

    I can do with months not wearing makeup. I can't go long without a moisturizer. I have oily skin, but still.

    Anyway, getting married in less than 3 months. It will be a very small and intimate wedding with only immediate family witnessing the event. I don't care much for photos, maybe just incidental ones, like your normal photo-taking with a point-and-shoot camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae! No, she did not share her reason for not wearing any moisturizer before makeup. But I really don't like that somewhat tight feeling after showering, so I used one before the wedding anyway.

      Congratulations for your upcoming wedding by the way. In the end, it's all about you and your partner... all the other details are just pixie dust.

      Delete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.