Powered by Blogger.

Random: My 2014 New Year Beauty Resolution

I usually do not make a list of new years' resolution, but when I do, it should be about skin care. It's pretty much because I've got my real life planned out somehow and because I want to improve my skin care regimen. And no, it's not an additional skin care step or an overhaul of products I use.


1. Sleep earlier

Meaning less Skyrim for me and more time to sleep. More sleep would mean less prominent dark eye circles and more time to repair the skin (says this WebMD post). Ah, so the concept of "beauty rest" is true after all!

2. Exercise

My husband and I like this current chubby self, but for my health and skin's sake, I really need to exercise - which to me is quite hard because I really do not have the time for it unless I manage to muster enough courage to tell my boss I need to exercise when in fact he doesn't exercise because he's "busy at work". Enthusiasts for regular exercise might already know the multitude of benefit we can get from this activity, and better circulation is one of those. With better circulation, nourishment to the skin and removal of free radicals from it will be much more efficient, giving skin a more healthy and radiant glow.

3. Switch to less expensive products

I am guilty of using more expensive Asian products instead of cheap and easily available drugstore brands because I've had bad experience with Pond's products during my teen years. But as I am preparing for more important matters which will mean additional financial responsibilities, like having kids for example, I need to gradually shift to less expensive products including drugstore-available products, preferrably less than 20 USD, including shipping.

4. Try and review more drugstore products

In relation to resolution 3, any drugstore products I use should at least be reviewed here, so readers can have an idea of the performance of these cheaper products as compared to those of the more expensive East Asian skin care lines. Kind of like the face-off between a Nature Republic lip balm and a humble Nivea balm. Except for those papaya soaps though (spoiler: they're just exfoliants, not whitening agents).

5. Make the blog more informative

By more informative, I mean more specific. I realized I've not provided at least the pH of certain products which need to perform at a certain acid level, such as the vitamin C serums or the peeling packs I use. I also need to be consistent with my sunscreen review specifically on how the sunscreen performs with other cosmetics on top of it (like BB creams).


6 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like mine. But I'm sure I'll have difficulty finding less expensive skin care products, not because I think less expensive = less quality. I just feel like I might end up spending more trying to find a cheaper one when I already found what I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that could be the problem. Sometimes, near similar ingredient lists still have very different results. Good luck to us then!

      Delete
  2. This are nice resolutions! :)
    Just found your blog! I really need the exercise part too. Specially after the Holiday Season.

    sumwearco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried BeautyBay? They ship for free. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. But I will. Thanks for the info!

      Delete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.