Powered by Blogger.

Review: Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream

After two months of dilly-dallying with my opinion on this product, I am now ready to present my review of Missha's Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream. I've used a few other snail creams before, but this one is the best among the group so far.


Missha shopping spree (with thanks to my sister). Missha M Signature
Real Complete BB Cream, Time Revolution the First Treatment Essence and
Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream all for 50 usd

Price and Availability: I asked my sister in Korea to buy this for me because Missha products here in the Philippines can be quite expensive. For example, this reviewed sunscreen costs around 1500 php at Cinderella when I bought it for 9 USD on a roseroseshop sale. Yeah, go figure. Anyway, if not for my sister, I'd probably buy off roseroseshop.com for around 38 usd if not on sale.

Packaging: I have no idea how the stand alone Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream is packed, but the one I bought came with a free Sleeping Pack and a transparent sampling spoon. It also came with a step-by-step instruction on the use of the full Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail set. 

Texture and Scent: I think texture is where Missha's snail cream beats the other brands. It is light and gel-like, which is quite refreshing. It has a floral+cucumber-ish scent to it which may be overpowering to some, but it's fine, at least for me.


Ingredients (from cosdna.com): First, I'd like to be clear that I am still skeptical of the use of snail secretion filtrate as an anti-aging, skin repairing ingredient, although studies about it are already being published, such as this study, hopefully more studies about it will arise.

I made the mistake of setting this cream to act as a moisturizer with infrequent use of the sample Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Moisturizer given as a freebie. Missha's Snail Cream has alcohol in it, which probably is the reason why it did not feel moisturizing enough for me, unless I use the Super Aqua Snail moisturizer or serum freebie. 

Finish: The cream can be a bit slimy at first but once it is absorbed, it leaves a slight sheen on the face which may not be ideal for day use for some. Most snail creams are marketed as products which reverse the signs of aging, but as I have no wrinkles so far, I was unable to confirm its anti-aging effect. 

Rating: This product is somewhat expensive and ineffective in moisturizing when used without the other products from the Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail set. Its anti-aging, wrinkle erasing benefits may not be so suitable for wrinkle-free skin yet, so for yuppies like me, this is a steeply priced gel moisturizer.

Ingredients: 4/5
Value for money: 2/5
Performance: 3/5
Overall: 3/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.