Powered by Blogger.

Holiday Haul: TPE Marketplace and Skin Food store rave

I't that time of the year in the Philippines when people are eager to spend on stuff, because Christmas. For me, I wanted a good haircut to go with the coming year. So last Saturday, I went by the Tony and Jackey Salon at Makati. Unfortunately, there were a lot of customers who availed of the ongoing perm and rebond discounts and the reception lady said it would take about an hour of waiting for an available stylist - an hour which was hell because of the strong smell of chemicals used for perms and rebond treatments. Pass.

Thankfully, TPE Marketplace was nearby (suggested to me by a fellow blogger, Rae) and the mall is just one jeepney ride away. Anyway, I found two good shops that night - TPE Marketplace and the re-opened Skinfood store in Glorietta.

Find out why I will stop by these shops from now on.
TPE Marketplace

Remember that post when I said I really liked Biore's sunscreen but they're just too hard to buy here in the Philippines? Well, if you're near Makati, it's not that difficult (and expensive) anymore.

A look from outside the shop (Photo credit from Joycee M. at foursquare.com)

I was only expecting to get some Biore sunscreen but this shop had more surprises in it. I saw some Hadalabo, Kracie, Shiseido (the ones you don't see at the mall sort, like Tsubaki shampoo), more Biore products and some other Japanese skin care products I do not recognize. It's like your typical drugstore display aisle for skin care products, only instead of a ton of papaya and glutathione soap, you get Japanese products instead!

And their have such a fair price, too. I bought Biore's UV Perfect Face Milk (reviewed) for around 500 php per bottle - much cheaper compared to online sellers via sulit.com.ph.  

Will definitely be back!
Skinfood (Glorietta Branch)

If you're a sucker for Korean skin care products like me, you've probably been around when Skinfood products here were too expensive, with prices around double of the original (Korea-based) price. Good news for us, it's all a thing of the past!

I checked their Glorietta shop which looked natural and cozy. From it, I bought a body lotion (solely because it had a smell I loved) and then was asking around for the price of their other products. I noticed that their price range is now lower - from their old range of 1000 php up, now there are skin care products with prices comparable to Etude House's less than 1000 php range.

So Skinfood will definitely be part of my stop when I'm checking out products to replace my skin care arsenal. More choices, more fun!

Skinfood buy (left to right): Water Berry Emulsion samples , Pink Grapefruit Body Lotion,
Gold Caviar Gift Set samples, Vita Water Drop CC cream

How about you? What skin care products did you get for the holidays?

9 comments:

  1. Yey! Just dropped by TPE to grab shiseido's tsubaki damage care conditioner.

    Love this store. I bought many of my christmas gifts to friends here :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you for your tip on TPE Marketplace!

      Delete
  2. Hi thought you could teach me how to go at tpe market place if im coming from ayala makati. By the way nice review. Very informative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Coming from Ayala you may take a bus bound for LRT / Taft and alight at Pasong Tamo (landmark is McDonald's). From the McDonald's side, walk along Pasong Tamo until you reach the first intersection. From there, go left and walk for about 50m. Here's the Foursquare map: https://foursquare.com/v/tpe-market-place/51a3539c498e8fe1a6ce4b4f

      Delete
  3. Hi. Do they sell cheap hada labo products and how much. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I was unable to check their HadaLabo stuff, but their Biore and Shiseido wares for me are reasonably priced and are generally less than the prices from online sellers.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Are there other variants of the Biore sunscreens? I love the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence and buying online is so expensive!! Thanks heaps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are other variants in TPE. The last time I went there (and this was months ago) they had no Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence. Maybe they have it now? It would be nice if they had an office phone or something.

      Delete

Hi, feel free to leave your comments here.